Mascara DIY: How to make it at home with activated charcoal
Do you want to make a DIY mascara? Here’s how to make it simple with natural ingredients such as activated charcoal, to avoid allergies and redness of the eyes!
A beauty treatment with activated charcoal takes care of our skin. An ally to always keep in the beauty, the charcoal purifies without attacking the skin.
For years we have been trying to make cosmetic and make-up products more and more natural to avoid allergies and skin problems. As far as makeup is concerned, mineral make-up, based on organic and natural powders, is becoming increasingly important, but it is useless to apply the makeup without silicones, parabens, and other harmful ingredients if you use creams and masks that instead contain it! Find out more in here Actinera.
Passionate about DIY beauty recipes know that the best skin care products are already at home, like honey, a true beauty ally. Another ingredient that is within everyone’s reach and which has many virtues for the whole organism is activated charcoal, known for its beneficial properties at the intestinal level and increasingly used for the preparation of black masks and cosmetics: let’s find out more!
The mascara is one of the oldest cosmetic histories of beauty. It dates back to the age of the ancient Egyptians and even today the formulas of modern mascaras contain the same basic elements: pigments, oils, and waxes. But alas, most mascaras on the market also contain many other ingredients that are not really natural!
Precisely for this reason to switch to a completely natural and DIY mascara can help us to eliminate some chemical elements from our beauty routine, those that sometimes give us unwanted allergic reactions and redness of the eyes.
The preparation for DIY mascara is very simple. The hardest part is getting the applicator, but you can use an old washed and cleaned mascara container.
Ingredients for DIY mascara
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoons of solid beeswax
- 1 – 2 capsules of activated carbon (for black)
- Put the coconut oil, aloe vera gel and grated beeswax in a saucepan over low heat
- Stir until the beeswax is completely dissolved
- Open the activated carbon capsules and pour them into the oil mixture
- Stir until everything is well blended
- Remove from the heat
- Let cool slightly so as not to burn yourself and pour the liquid mascara into a plastic bag, pushing the mixture up to a corner
- Then cut a small hole in the corner and use this sac-a-poche to fill the DIY mascara container.
Note: Like all mascara, it is important to use this DIY mascara for no more than 4-5 months.